Vancity Program Info
Vancity invites you to join a group of local businesses that are cutting costs by cutting carbon.
Generously sponsored by:
The Climate Smart program includes three half-day training sessions. All sessions are from 8:30 am – 12:30 pm unless otherwise marked. Staff members (up to two) attend all three sessions in the series.
September 27, October 23, and December 4, 2018
Vancouver Economic Commission
1500 – 401 West Georgia Street
Each year Vancity offers $1000 scholarships to eligible Vancity business members to reduce the cost Climate Smart Training. More information here: www.vancity.com/climatesmart
Click here for details on our price tiers.
Read case studies
to learn how Climate Smart could save you money
and strengthen your business.
Climate Smart helps local businesses reduce their carbon footprint while cutting costs. Through three half-day training sessions, our web-based software application, and one-on-one advising, you’ll develop strategies to save on energy costs, improve operational efficiencies and engage employees. Learn more about what we do.
Climate Smart trains key staff and provides businesses with the support to become more competitive in an era of carbon regulation and volatile energy prices. In a collaborative learning environment, your staff will draw on the experience of other businesses and apply tools to measure and profitably reduce your greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. Learn more about how it works.
Program Outline & Benefits
Climate Smart is a comprehensive professional development and training program that includes the following:
- A series of three interactive half-day training sessions
- Access to a top-rated, web-based GHG management application
- One-on-one advising
- Certification as a “Climate Smart Business”
Training Session 1:
We take complex, global standards and make it simple for you to assess your impact.
- Map your operations
- Collect your data
- Calculate your emissions with our online app
Training Session 2:
We help you plan emissions reductions and forecast the benefits.
- Identify your best opportunities for reductions
- Prioritize your strategies
Training Session 3:
We help you communicate your successes and understand how offsets work.
- Build internal buy-in
- Steer clear of “greenwashing”
- Learn about the carbon offset market
|Benefits to your business include:
- Cost savings
- Brand lift and competitive advantage
- Employee engagement
- Competency development
- Climate leadership
- Accurate, actionable data
- Easy-to-use online GHG management tool
- Access to growing network of Climate Smart businesses
- Assistance navigating and accessing utility incentives and rebates
- Read more about the benefits for your business
|Climate Smart certified businesses are equipped with:
- GHG inventories for your business, according to internationally recognized standards
- Emission-reduction solutions focused on the business case
- A Climate Smart membership seal and report
- Marketing and communications on GHG management success
- Internal capacity building tools for ongoing management of GHGs
- Data and case studies for bid, tenders, and Requests for Proposals
- Knowledge of the carbon offset market