Transform your business into a climate leader.
Climate Smart certification is a three-step process. And it’s rigorous (but fun, we swear!). We guide you through three very important stages to help you cut carbon and cut costs.
Session 1: How to measure your current impact
Because metrics matter.
- GHG 101—you’ll learn the basics about greenhouse gas emissions
- Calculate a baseline—What is your carbon footprint right now?
- Map your emissions—Where are they coming from?
- Learn how to collect and analyse data
- Input your findings into our emissions calculation software
- Practice the Greenhouse Gas Protocol—the international standard for carbon accounting
Session 2/3: Make an emissions reduction plan
Cutting carbon is your ticket to cutting costs.
- Identify your best opportunities to reduce emissions and costs (We’ll help you with ideas!)
- Build your own emissions reduction strategy
- Forecast perceived benefits
- Make an action plan to make change happen
Session 4: Communicate and celebrate
Sing it from the rooftops.
- Inspire your team to actively participate in your emissions reduction plan
- Learn how to become carbon neutral (if that’s one of your goals)
- Leverage your Climate Smart Certification in your internal and external marketing efforts
- Become a climate leader in your industry
Calculating your carbon progress is easy—and spot on
All training program participants use a little something we call “The Tool”. (It’s way more innovative than its name. Promise.) It’s a top-rated web-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) carbon calculator that does all the backend work—like updating emission factors and calculating costs, too. Just input your organization’s data and get the most up-to-date carbon management information in real-time.
How to become a Climate Smart Certified Business
Complete Climate Smart trainingRegister Now
Complete a greenhouse gas (GHG) inventory
Your Climate Smart Advisor will show you how.
Create a GHG emissions reduction plan
We share ideas from actual business cases; you decide the actions you’ll take.
Renew your Climate Smart certification annually.
Once you’ve completed the Climate Smart training program and are officially Climate Smart certified, you can renew annually to stay on top of your plan and keep moving your business forward on climate.
- Support for your next GHG inventory
- Measurement of the impact of last year’s reduction projects
- Updates to your emission reduction plan
- Training opportunities for staff
- Updated Climate Smart seal
The Client Advisor Team
Meet our Climate Smart Advisors
Every Climate Smart training participant gets to meet and work closely with one of our friendly and incredibly knowledgeable Climate Smart Advisors. Call them on the phone. Shoot them an email. Pick their brains. They are here to support you from start to finish! They’ll coach you through data collection, building your emissions reduction plan, cost savings projections, and financial incentive applications.
Their end goal is the same as yours: Get you and your business Climate Smart Certified!