Vancouver Economic Commission (VEC) invites you to join a group of local businesses that are cutting costs by cutting carbon.
Generously sponsored by:
We all know that our craft beer industry in Vancouver is booming! Vancouverites are drinking more beer than ever, and our craft beer scene is attracting tourists from all over the world! This is all great news, however, what effects do these trends have on our environment?
The VEC is partnering with Climate Smart to invite YOU to take part in a collective session to help breweries improve their energy, water and waste footprints and save on associated costs! Climate Smart has helped over 800 businesses, including local food & beverage enterprises such as FreshTAP, Chambar, Victoria Spirits, Phillips Brewing, Tinhorn Creek Vineyards, Liberty Wine Merchants, Que Pasa (Nature’s Path Foods), Ethical Bean Coffee Company, Earnest Ice Cream, Albion Fisheries, Uprising Breads, and Espressotec.
- Contribute to community goals, engage employees and take action on an important issue.
- Share data and best practices.
- Develop strategies to cut energy, waste, water and fuel costs.
- Stay competitive and differentiate your brand (in fact, a chance to brand the entire Vancouver craft beer industry!)
- Support the vision of vancouver to become a destination for sustainable brewing practices and an inspiration to other cities.
Click here to download the PDF flyer.
Program Outline & Benefits
Climate Smart is a comprehensive professional development and training program that includes the following:
- A series of three interactive half-day training sessions
- Access to a top-rated, web-based GHG management application
- One-on-one advising
- Certification as a “Climate Smart Business”
Training Session 1:
We take complex, global standards and make it simple for you to assess your impact.
- Map your operations
- Collect your data
- Calculate your emissions with our online app
Training Session 2:
We help you plan emissions reductions and forecast the benefits.
- Identify your best opportunities for reductions
- Prioritize your strategies
Training Session 3:
We help you communicate your successes and understand how offsets work.
- Build internal buy-in
- Steer clear of “greenwashing”
- Learn about the carbon offset market
|Benefits to your business include:
||Climate Smart certified businesses are equipped with:
Featured Case Studies
and strengthen your business.
Dates & Location
The Climate Smart program includes three half-day training sessions. All sessions are from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM. Up to two staff members attend all three sessions within a series.
March 7, April 12, and May 24, 2018
Vancouver Economic Commission
1500 – 401 West Georgia Street
May 29, June 26, September 11, 2018
Location: Vancouver Economic Commission (map)
401 W Georgia St, #1500
$1,000 discount off business fee
for qualifying businesses
With generous support from the Vancouver Economic Commission (VEC), Vancouver-based breweries have the opportunity to become Climate Smart certified at a significant discount. For a limited time, select Vancouver-based breweries are eligible for a $1,000 discount, first-come, first served!