Thank you for your interest in working with Climate Smart. We are a small, entrepreneurial team driven by six core values:
- Exceptional Service
- Practical Solutions
- Profitable Sustainability
If these six values describe a place you’d like to work, please explore our current openings below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Training Manager & Client Advisor
Full-time, one-year contract with possibility to extend
Gastown, Vancouver, BC and remote
Climate Smart offers a unique combination of training, certification, and software to enable organizations to measure and reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions while strengthening their business at the same time. We partner with municipalities, transportation hubs, financial institutions, and other organizations to engage the businesses in their networks and accelerate carbon reduction. Through the insights we’ve gathered working with the small and medium size business sector over the last ten years, we also create aggregated data products like our Business Energy and Emissions Profile, and 200 Million Tonnes of Opportunity report, which are used by our partners and others to inform community-wide emissions planning, policy and reduction initiatives.
Climate Smart is a collaborative, hands-on team that believes businesses play a critical role in addressing climate change. As Training Manager and Client Advisor, you would have an immediate influence in empowering business leaders to take climate action within their organizations and demonstrate the real impacts reduction initiatives can have. Our commitment to environmental sustainability underpins our internal operations and organizational culture. Learn more about Climate Smart at climatesmartbusiness.com.
About the Position
Climate Smart’s Training Manager & Client Advisor is integral to the delivery of Climate Smart’s products and services. The Client Advisor & Training team are responsible for training, advising, and certifying Climate Smart client businesses; as part of a fast growing company, the Client Advisor & Training Manager is responsible for ensuring the quality and on time delivery of training and providing excellent advisory support.
This role is a one-year maternity leave contract, with potential for extension.
As Training Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of delivering Climate Smart’s training program. Climate Smart’s three-day, in-person training series has recently been rebuilt as a four-part, online facilitated training program where participants gain exposure to key concepts of the GHG Protocol and successful approaches to emissions mitigation through content delivery, small-group workshops, and exercises. The training manager will deliver most training sessions, update and improve delivery content as appropriate, and oversee related administrative tasks with the appropriate departments internally. This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested to inspire and directly influence those leading climate action within their organizations.
As Client Advisor you will be responsible for providing one-on-one support to a portfolio of client businesses to help them through the process of measuring their greenhouse gas emissions, developing a list of emission reduction strategies they’re going to pursue, and completing their Climate Smart Certification. Client Advisors are critical to Climate Smart’s strong client relations, and to providing exceptional service to the businesses we work with.
- Deliver and facilitate Climate Smart training program sessions and adapt standard training session agenda, content and materials to best suit different groups and host partners
- Coordinate planning on session-related logistics
- Represent Climate Smart in key client relationships through training program delivery
- Hone and improve online workshops and/or in session exercises to maximize the participant experience
- Oversee all aspects of training development and delivery internally, with support of the admin and advisory team
Client Advisory Portfolio Management
- Provide technical support to Climate Smart clients as they conduct GHG emissions inventories, develop emissions reduction plans, and achieve Climate Smart Certification
- Provide guidance on GHG inventory boundary-setting, emissions reduction, and related topics
- Conduct a detailed review of completed inventories and emissions reductions potential, deliver feedback on methodology and data quality for Protocol compliance and continuous improvement
- Develop projections and analyze the business case for emissions reduction strategies
- Generate documentation for businesses upon completion of their Certification as Climate Smart, including GHG inventory reports and case studies
- Will support Business Development team in strategic proposal writing and execution
Experience, Skills and Characteristics
- Greenhouse gas accounting expertise required. Post-secondary technical training and work experience in environmental sciences and business/management education/training, or equivalent training and experience.
- Experience in a training capacity – delivery and continuous improvement: one to three years
- Service Oriented, enjoys presenting complex information to non-technical audiences
- Experience designing and running training sessions to groups of 15+ people
- Experience in client service or advisory roles: minimum three years
- Open minded, creative problem solver, analytical, technically proficient in data analysis, excellent time management
- Collaborative approach
- Strong understanding of Excel, proficiency in Salesforce CRM other Microsoft products
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter
How to Apply
For ample time to train with the current Training Manager, Climate Smart are looking to begin onboarding as early as October 21st, and ideally no later than November 5th. Applications will be accepted until a candidate has been selected. Given the desire to hire quickly, we encourage all interested applicants to submit their cover letter and resume as soon as possible to email@example.com with the subject line of “Client Advisor and Training Manager.” In your cover letter, please answer the following questions:
- Why is this position of interest to you, and how does it fit with your career goals?
- How does your experience in training and client service and/or advisory roles prepare you for this position?
Climate Smart is an Equal Opportunity Employer: We are committed to the principles of equal and inclusive employment opportunities without regard to race, colour, religion, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, domestic partnership status or any other status that is representative of the communities we work in. Climate Smart encourages applicants from all communities.
We kindly ask for no phone calls please. We thank all candidates for applying. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.