Thank you for your interest in working with Climate Smart. We are a small, entrepreneurial team driven by six core values:
- Exceptional Service
- Practical Solutions
- Profitable Sustainability
If these six values describe a place you’d like to work, please explore our current openings below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Business Client Relations Lead
Location: Vancouver, BC Years’ Experience: 1+ years Application Deadline: April 12, 2020
Location: Vancouver, BC
Years’ Experience: 1+ years
Application Deadline: April 12, 2020
Join a dynamic social enterprise that is engaging the business sector to take action on climate change and move toward a resilient, low-carbon economy. Climate Smart provides a unique service that enables small and medium-sized enterprises to measure and reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions while strengthening their business at the same time. We offer a hands-on training program, a web-based GHG management tool, one-on-one client support, and certification. Climate Smart has a proven record of assisting businesses to reduce their emissions and is equally committed to delivering aggregated commercial-sector GHG data to local governments and other partners to inform community-wide emissions planning, policy and reduction initiatives. We are a team of nine core employees who are passionate about the role businesses can play in addressing climate change. We are looking for a strong addition to our partnerships and client relations team. Reporting to the Partnerships and Communications Manager, the Business Client Relations Lead is a collaborative team player, an excellent communicator, a self-directed, target-driven person who shares our commitment to integrity, exceptional service, practicality, innovation, “nimblosity” and profitable sustainability.
The Business Client Relations Lead main responsibilities will include:
Prospecting and Lead Generation
- Generate and optimize inbound lead generation through strategic partnerships, networking, active outreach and digital marketing strategies.
- Develop and deliver communication tools, templates, info sessions/webinars, and content to drive business outreach and prospecting activities.
- Develop and deliver promotional plans for Climate Smart business engagement partners.
- Convert inbound business leads and achieve business-to-business (B2B) recruitment and business engagement targets.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting out on B2B recruitment pipeline, including tracking of inbound leads and responsible for follow-up and conversion of leads.
- Report weekly, monthly and quarterly on pipeline, including leads generated and leads converted into new registrations.
- Report out on networking opportunities, Climate Smart partnership development, and market trends.
- Coordinate with Admin & Finance regarding completed registrations.
- Execute upon and optimize digital marketing strategies.
- Manage Climate Smart’s social media presence and quarterly e-newsletter.
- Manage and track email campaigns and other promotional efforts.
- Manage and track metrics associated with digital marketing strategies.
- Develop and publish Climate Smart case studies, proposals, and other promotional materials.
A successful candidate will have a passion for sustainability and the following qualifications:
- Education and/or training in fields related to some combination of: small and medium sized business sales and marketing, economic development, GHG management and/or sustainability. Undergraduate degree in related field preferred.
- 1+ years of experience in lead generation, B2B sales, inside sales, recruitment, or client management with proven track record of results
- 1+ years of experience in digital marketing and/or campaign management
- Experience communicating with high-level decision makers (owners, executives)
- Experience managing and reporting on sales pipeline or campaigns
- Knowledgeable on environmental sustainability
- Confident and outgoing, goal-oriented individual who takes initiative
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and ability to present technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Experience working with Google Apps, Microsoft Office, SalesForce (or other CRM platforms), and social media platforms
- Comfortable working with different conferencing and collaboration technology platforms
- Happy working in the inspiring and entrepreneurial environment of a small, exciting social enterprise
- Desire and ability to attend early morning and evening networking events
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven, dynamic, and fast-paced environment
- Familiar with greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting
- Proficient in French
- Graphic design and copywriting
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, including Acrobat DC, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume by midnight on Sunday, April 12, 2020, to email@example.com with the subject line of “Climate Smart Business Client Relations Lead.” In your cover letter, please outline your proven successes related to this role.
Learn more about Climate Smart at www.climatesmartbusiness.com.
Climate Smart is an Equal Opportunity Employer: We are committed to the principles of equal and inclusive employment opportunities without regard to race, colour, religion, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, domestic partnership status or any other status that is representative of the communities we work in. Climate Smart encourages applicants from all communities.
We kindly ask for no phone calls please. We thank all candidates for applying. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Click here for a PDF copy of the job posting.